Thursday, September 04, 2008

Saying Hi to unexpected friend

If relationships were food, their aftertastes would never go. That's what i realized the other day. I was walking to the club, cars whizzed past me. I had a lot of work to do. I had not written a single line in the previous one and a half days. I was collecting my thoughts, which were scattered like dry leaves. But before i could gather all the pieces, a fresh gust of wind came and scattered them again. Confused? So was i when i saw HIM on the other side of the road.

He had seen me too. Now a hi or hello in these conditions had to be pitch perfect in tone and expression. I didn't want to be rude, or sound desperate either. I went up to him and said “Hi”. I think i got it correct, because he smiled and tossed a “Hello”. We exchanged a couple of words like “How are you doing? Why are you here?” etc.

It was a bit awkward because we both were caught by surprise and we really didn't know what was appropriate to say or not say. He said “Hey, why don't we catch up for a drink with friends later?” It took me some time to get back to normal again. This is what i could not understand. I was over with this relationship, then why did it rattle me like that? I guess some things do not have an end, they just change directions. I don't know where it's going to go this time. There's just so many things that are going on.

2 comments:

Swee said...

interesting...

Anonymous said...

You can't run away from your past. It's part of you whether you like it or not. You just need to learn how to face them. Life goes on dear.