Thought of getting second opinion for my sprained ankle, thus i went to KL Sports Medicine Centre on last friday. I did X-Ray, and the doctor said the sprained ankle is because of the injury to the ligaments.
I was told that the ankle had become unstable and weak after a month. If a proper treatment has not been carried out, i may end up with ankle instability. This can cause the ankle to give way and feel untrustworthy on uneven terrain.
The doctor said, healing of the ligaments usually takes about six weeks, but swelling may be present for several months. Once the ligament got injured, the ankle will not be as strong as last time, therefore it's very important to strengthen the muscles in order to control the ankle joint and improve joint stability, also to avoid reinjury in the future.
First of all, i was recommended to work with a physical therapist for three weeks. The therapist can create a program to help me regain full range of ankle motion, improve balance, and maximize strength. Meantime, it also helps to reduce the stiffness of the ankle, as well as strengthen the muscles around the ankle.
I attended the first therapy session right after the consultation with my doctor. My therapist used massage, ultrasound, and other hands-on treatments to ease the muscle spasm and swelling. Other than that, she taught me five simple exercises, so during the rehab period, i will be in charge of doing all these exercises at home. Regular visits to the therapist's office is highly recommended. But i was still considering a return for the physio, as it really costs me a boom. Well, i will see how.
When i get full ankle movement, my ankle isn't swelling, and my strength is improving, then i will be able to gradually get back to my sport activities. But this may take at least 3 weeks, said the therapist. Okay, another 3 weeks to go. Sigh~
5 comments:
Provided u listen to the instructions and do the exercises at home :) it takes time, be patient
why does your ankle sounds so serious all of a sudden. i thought it was just a sprain. hmm ... do take care from now on and do the necessary therapy as per the doc's recommendation then.
i still felt it's something blown out of proportion. but that's just me.
Swee: I'm a good patient okay. I do those exercises at least 5 sets every day. Hopefully it helps.
WF: I was shocked when the doctor told me about this. I was like huh? really ar? But i have to admit that the ankle has become unstable. I felt the instability in my ankle when the doctor doing some tests on the ankle ligaments.
Hey dear, how are you getting on? KLSMC is one renown medical centre and I'm sure they can help you recover, though they are also well known for being very expensive. Get well soon!
I didn't throw away the jelly, it's nice what though I wouldn'y mind it being a little bit sweeter. :) Having the other tub tomorrow. Thanks for having me in mind!
Yaya... i want to get well soon. I miss my workout very much.
Dear, thanks for being my guinea pig. I hope you get to taste something better next time. :P
You know what.. i received a very creative feedback saying that the jelly looked like vomited milk. Haha!!
Post a Comment