Friday, October 24, 2008

Painted Skin

Someone once commented that this movie brings you different view towards the meaning of "True Love". I wonder, so decided to catch this movie with few friends on the wednesday night.

Based upon the classic literature of Liao Zai, Painted Skin is an adaptation of one of the stories that dwell on fox spirits. If you are expecting either a ghost or kung fu, you might be disappointed to find out that it's actually a romance through and through, with complicated relationships all around.

However the cantonese used in this movie is not the suitably impressive type, and if you are going for a better feel of the theme and texture, you might want to watch the mandarin version instead. Synchronizing dialogue may be easy but capturing a flavour of speech is difficult. I didn't know it was a cantonese version when we book the tickets that time. Go for a mandarin if you understand chinese.

Most of all, it gives a complete new meaning to the phrase “I'd give my heart to you”. Romiko said the movie is touching enough to squeeze the tears out. I felt the same either, but i didn't cry. Watch it to find out. It's a touching movie indeed.

P/s: Please check it out for the synopsis. http://www.moviexclusive.com/review/paintedskin/paintedskin.htm

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice movie, but just only 8 persons in the cinema....

Little Princess said...

Oh ya, i forgot to mention this. Such an odd circumstances with only 8 persons in the cinema.