Sunday, July 12, 2009

Finally... and it was awesome!


Most of you know that i enjoy cycling these days and started taking weekend RPM to augment my thin riding schedule. I made it to RPM four times this week, surprisingly!

I went to my very first LC's class this morning at my local gym and i was hooked. It was awesome though it was killing me. This could indeed be the class that finishes me off.

As expected, the first half went by okay, we have trained for this much, no problem. It really started to get interesting after that. Not only did we break through the mental barrier but we also continued to add resistance as time went on.

Two minutes into the spinning track and my legs were burning. I was struggling because my legs were about to fall off. I wanted to give up, but i couldn't, and i wouldn't. Too much of lower body workout lately?

When we were almost at the end, LC told everyone to try and pick up the pace a little more for the next 15 seconds (or was it more than that?) And i was pedaling and thought to myself that i could surely push it a little harder, really knock it out.

I started riding seriously when a friend of mine being qualified as an RPM instructor few months back, but i have never done any class like today before. Thanks LC for pushing us. Don't get me wrong, i love the class conducted by my friend too.

I am always surprised when i finish a class, considering few months ago when i first went to the class, i couldn't even stand up/sit down/stand up again during the class. LOL!

In a small way, RPM class today has challenged me to rethink what is possible. What a great lesson.

3 comments:

*~Catherine~* said...

nvr thought that u r such an energetic person to exercise even though u r busy with work.

keep it up! stay healthy & balanced.

Little Princess said...

I was told that exercise is the best tension reliever. Hehe!!

And most importantly, i can't live without gym, it's part of my life.

TTB said...

I have been missing gym :( not to mention missed reading so many of you posts... The first few times I joined an RPM class, I felt like I would just faint and fall off the bike LOL. Very "san fu". Haha..